• Instagram

  • Bilbao + San Sebastian


    This is one of my favourite cities that I've visited in Spain. It is both old and new and is not too big and not too small. I feel the intimacy of the city but also the vibrance. And the art! We have to thank the Guggenheim museum for that. I can't believe I was there to see in person Jeff Koon's and Richard Serra's infamous work. The tour guide that we had was super awesome because he explained thoroughly the installations that we saw, especially Serra's one. It was really beautiful and I can't stop gasping and awing. Then we went to Cafe Iruna in the middle of town for lunch. Apparently it was quite an institution. If you ever visit Bilbao, it's like a must to visit this place. It is a very beautiful town that I would definitely have to visit again. Totally in love <3!







    "Puppy" (by Jeff Koons) guarding the entrance to the Guggenheim :D


    Another famous Jeff Koons installation, "Tulips"


    This one by Anish Kapoor titled "Tall Tree & The Eye"

     Have you guys watch the latest Gojira movie? This kinda reminds me of that female Muto XD
    But its name is actually "Maman" and is an installation by Louise Bourgeois. It's made out of bronze, stainless steel and marble.




     Ola San Sebastian! <3
    So I was told that this is one of the expensive cities in Spain. It borders France and is known as the place for a summer getaway. We were there on New Year's eve, so it was kinda quiet (kinda), but still doesn't lose its charm. The panorama view was amazing to say the least, and I love, love, love walking in the old town (which was full of bars - perfect spot for bar hopping - there were literally hundreds of them). And in the middle of it all was an old church, how appropriate :D XD. I didn't get to spend New Year's bar hopping though, I was too damn tired. I think I slept around 9pm or something. Boohoo... maybe next year? 











    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Popular Posts

    Instagram