• Instagram

  • Petak 9 - Chinatown, Jakarta

    I remembered my first time here. It was in 2007, when I first started learning about photography. Boy it was different then. I forgot what camera I used, I think it was when I just got my Nikon D200. I still wasn't sure what I was doing, so I just snapped around. This time, almost five years after, I went back with a friend of mine to shoot a feature story for Elle's April 2012 edition. It's a simple story about street food in Jakarta. This particular area, Petak 9 (petak meaning square) has been around since the first settlement arrived. It was as Chinatown as Chinatown can get. Full of delicious food and amazing stuff. To think about the history this place has is truly remarkable. The area still hosts a lot of families, in their houses buried deep in the maze of the town. These are just some pics that didn't make it (which I took). I'll post the published pics on captografia's blog site sometime next week. :) 




    Kuo Tie or dumplings


























    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Popular Posts

    Instagram